Creflo Dollar - How to Use Your Spiritual Authority
Believers are clothed with tremendous power. Because of what Jesus did, we have the authority to walk on top of any situation that tries to destroy us. When we have faith in this, then we give all of heaven permission to intervene on our behalf.
1. Power is defined as ability and authorization. God’s power comes to pass through us. This power always remains constant. We have the same authority as Christ, but it does us no good if we don’t believe it.
2. God won’t do anything that He’s already told us to do. We’ve been authorized to get the devil off our backs, and keep him off. We have authority over everything from the devil, including fear and disease.
3. God’s Word is spiritual law that never changes. It remains constant in all situations. God won’t ever go back on His Word; He keeps all His promises. Whatever He has said, He will do.
4. We actually have the ability to limit God. We hinder His will for our lives when we fail to use our authority. We need to cooperate with Him.
5. God’s plans for us are always good. They never include sickness, stress, fear, or anything bad. It’s not God’s nature to punish us. Death isn’t His will; He wants life for us. However, His will doesn’t automatically come to pass. We must do our part to stand in faith and use our authority to enforce His Word.
Scripture References: • Matthew 14:22-31 • Matthew 10:1, 8 • Hebrews 13:8 • Luke 10:19 • John 10:10 • Proverbs 13:12 • 1 John 2:20 • Psalm 119:89 • Psalm 89:34 • Psalm 138:2 • Psalm 138:2, NLT • Psalm 78:37-42 • Hebrews 1:3 • Jeremiah 29:11 • Deuteronomy 30:19 • Romans 3:27 • Romans 8:2 • 2 Peter 3:9 • James 2:17 • Romans 8:6